Position Title: Project Officer
Job Location: Kabul
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per organization salary scale
Vacancy Number: AFG-2022-12-30
No of Jobs: 1
City: Kabul (Travel to Provinces)
Years of Experience: University degree in the relevant field is required. Master Degree in MBA is an asset. Minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in project management, programing and policy.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possible extension
Close Date: 2022-12-30
Environmental Protection Trainings and Development Organization (EPTDO) is the largest non-political, non-governmental and non-profitable organization focused exclusively on climate change, environmental safety, livelihood approaches, water and sanitation, gender equality, education and ecological issues in the country, and it is the only group focused on these issues that is fully functioning at present. Based on the Afghanistan Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) law, the Environmental Protection Trainings and Development Organization (EPTDO) was officially registered with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan as a non-profitable and tax-exempt NGO in 2020. The EPTDO has its bylaws and statutes which is a constitution detailing the mandate, scope and governing structure of the organization.
The Project office will lead and coordinate the implementation of the environmental project in Kabul and other provinces of Afghanistan. He/she will report to the director of the EPTDO about the progress of the project.
- Make sure the effective implementation, coordination and reporting of the environmental project.
- Develop project work plans and budgets in consultation with program team.
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of protection assessments under the environmental projects in Kabul and other provinces of Afghanistan.
- Work closely with provincial project officers to ensure quality implementation of the project.
- Support project officers in planning, coordination, budget, and other engagements.
- Ensure project implementation is aligned with internal standards and donors rules.
- Prepare and lead the project plans, budgets, and monitoring plans.
- Responsible for quality project implementation, incl. activities such as trainings and workshops, and monitoring
- Assist Head of Programs in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders
- Follow all administrative and finance procedures of with Kabul Finance team.
- Attend and represent EPTDO in all relevant and required conferences and meetings
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Please submit the Updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org email. Please write position title and vacancy number in the subject of your email. Preference will be given to the Environmental Volunteer Network (EVN) members.